How new technologies impact in society and in the marketing industry
New technologies that will be common over the next five years and its impact on society and industry marketing and communication is the subject of a new book published today PHD global media agency and communication within Omnicom Media Group.
In 2016 Beyond the Horizon, the text explores the likely developments in areas such as connected TVs, augmented reality without indicators, increased speech recognition, Natural User Interface (NUI) and Near Field Communication (NFC) as well as how, with the acceleration of the use of social media, it is changing the actual physics of marketing.
Some of the findings of the publication stand out and put to relive that one of every two people in the developed world is connected to social networks. They are influential, since the recommendations of their peers are more reliable than any other advertising, and since social networks do not stop at their own limits but affect the entire web, leave a mark on the ‘social graph’. This is leading to a complete change in the way society operates, and is also an increasingly mobile activity.
- The most significant difference from 2011 is that people will look through their devices and keep them against their vision to increase its surroundings. It is usually seen in the streets, in shopping malls, compared to outdoor ads, in stores and in theaters.
- Purchases will be made after using the device to see comments from other users as well as the feeling of the brand. As you enter the stores, people will look with their devices floating ads and user reviews, but all the information is organized and iconified to make it easy to digest.
- Young audiences just keep the phone in front of your friends can access profiles on social networks. A large percentage of young people abandon the idea of data privacy, as their desire to participate will be irresistible. They will be much more encouraged by the additional benefits they receive as micro-payments, tailored content, access to pay-wall, free wifi and prestige of belonging to famous bands. These super socializing allow their activities are available to the entire network. And some people established cliques with a type of VIP access.
- Voice-controlled devices act as personal assistants. We’ll talk naturally to book restaurants, flights or even to find a very specific information. The calculation will be done in the cloud and every custom improve the algorithm implementation; 2016, experience begin to meet expectations.
- We will use the devices constantly, because we use much of our daily lives from payment platforms to micro-payments, as well as against the shop windows when entering or leaving.
- We will see the TV connected with persons of the same social status, people will get used to know who is watching TV. This will become the central fireplace around which social networks will meet. A large percentage of people consume television with your device in your hands and will relay on both screens.
- Smart devices are commonly used to find information on the screen and make purchases on the spot, an increasing amount of content products will be embedded with more information and socially enabled people to they can ‘Liking’ and connected to an electronic commerce so that these people can buy on the spot.
Finally, based on the observations of the technological impact, PHD predict how this will manifest itself in media agencies in the future:
- By 2016, the advertising industry will be considered as a technological industry and creative industry. The 2016 communication agencies will be increasingly valued as digital-based agencies and in many developed markets, these agencies are also considered data agencies.
- Agencies take customer data and resources combined with current data and social data to create segments with high predisposition, specifying the audience and its potential level.This will present an increasing challenge for advertising and auditors in terms of evaluation.
- What we will see is an increase in the value of communication of advertising agencies. Advertisers spend more time choosing your communication agency than they do today, as the complexity in evaluating facing each other will increase. But make the right choice and get the effect on the business of advertisers could be more important than has hitherto been the choice of the creative agency.